Wednesday 6 July 2011

DIY developing.

Today I shot a roll of Black&White film, I developed it and I scanned it in. I'm really pleased. 

I took pictures on my walk around Hitchin today, to be honest I didn't take a great deal of care taking these photos because the main objective was to try out my new chemicals. I used to develop film all the time at uni (I did a photography degree) and at home during the three year course, but it's been over 4 years since I tried my hand at it. It all came flooding back, especially the smell (not entirely pleasant). After developing, stopping and fixing, it was with baited breath I opened the lid & unrolled a small portion of film - images. What a relief. 

Here's some of photographs from today -






Beautiful un-tampered-with black and white images straight from the negatives. They probably need 'neatening' up a bit, but I like them a bit scruffy. 
Onwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment